We hope you and your families are safe and healthy during these difficult times. We wanted to update you on how New Outlook Counseling Center is dealing with the Covid-19 virus pandemic. Governor Holcomb has implemented a 5 Stage process to get Indiana Back on Track. New Outlook will continue for the month of May seeing clients tele therapy. For the month of June our clinicians and clients will slowly transition back into the office however clients can choose to continue seeing their clinicians via tele therapy. Please be aware we are uncertain if insurances will continue to support these appointments by tele therapy. Our receptionists will let you know when your clinician will transition into the office prior to your appointment.
The primary concern on all of our minds is the safety of our clients and our staff! We are following the guidelines put in place by the CDC, to prevent the spread of the virus and to protect our clients and team. Clients that are choosing to resume in person sessions in June will be required to follow the implemented procedures:
• Please arrive only a few minutes early, stay in your car, and when your clinician is available, you will receive a text when your clinician is available. When you receive the text, simply come up and go directly to their office.
• All clients/guardians will find attached a COVID 19 screening to be read prior to coming to our office.
• We encourage the use of masks while entering in common areas.
• All staff and clients/guardians may be required to comply with a temperature screening upon entry, anyone with 100.4 or higher will not be permitted in the office.
• It is recommended that we keep the number of people in the office to a minimum: therefore, if possible, no one other than the client is allowed in the session. A minor is allowed to have one parent/guardian be in the waiting room; however, we encourage guardians to wait outside or in their vehicle.
• Please do not come into the office if anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms or illness. Call and we will reschedule.
• The children’s play area and magazines have been removed.
• Water cooler will be disconnected.
• The restrooms will be closed unless an absolute emergency.
• We also request that while coming into the office and while in the office, you practice social distancing of at least 6 feet.
• Regular disinfecting will be done between sessions.
In July, New Outlook will begin seeing all clients in person at the office and will continue with some of the above procedures.
Thank you for understanding and thank you for your support in following our safety procedures. Every one of you are special to us and this is for the safety and comfort of our clients and our team. We will get through this together!
Cheryl L Mansell, LCSW RPT – Owner and the New Outlook Counseling Center Team